After the last drawing posted on my B-day, I've been working on this Game title with my friend Erik
for his NaGaDeMo
2012 challenge. (Basically an indie game event that involved you to build a game from scratch within a month)
So there you go... "Battlesuit". It's a little turn-base strategy game (a bit like Super Robot War in some ways). Game story was about... German Space Nazi Force (from Mars) vs. United Nations Force. The latter faction somehow gained helps from the Jap. According to the setting, Both Axis powers discovered some alien technology and able to build spaceships & robots around the end of WW2. Some of them went to stay in Mars for later re-occupying Earth. For unknown reasons, the Jap side split from the Space Nazi Force and switched sides to fight against its old ally.
Owing to limited times, I only managed to finish some rough game sprites for both German & Japanese mechas. There are at least 4 more units from UNF is not yet depicted.
Anyway, as there're a heavy reference to WW2 and the year setting is around early 1980s, there were some old fashions & styles added onto the robot designs.
About the units (from top to bottom, left to right):
- Viking is a soldier-type mecha. Mostly armed with a mini gun. The rests are attack test poses... pretty rough.
- Valkyrie is the flying unit with lighter armour.
- Poltergiest is the stealth version of Valkyrie.
- Magus is the heavy long range support that arms with a railgun at the back.
- Vahalla is the customized Magus for the big boss. Instead of railgun, this unit possesses 4 mini guns. Shorter barrels but still offensive.
- Stuka is the space version of BF-109. Instead propeller, it is powered by some kind of special alien engine. Also, it has got a pair of strange V-shape tail wings.
- Blitz is a melee robot with jet pack & little pistol.
- Blitz Elite has better flying unit.
- Trident is a special Blitz customized for the "Red Baron" ace pilot clone. Crazy enough it just armed with a sword & a sheild.
- Shogun is the soldier unit for Japanese Space Force. Old machine that has some shared design concepts from Viking.
- Shogun Neko is a customised vesion for the Cat Girl android. With better sensors & a pinky colour scheme.
- Raiden is the flight unit... resembling to a Type-Zero fighter.
- Oni is the heavy long ranger unit. It also arms with a railgun unit.
- Shinobi is the JSF's ultimate melee robot. It's also the main unit used by the game protagonist.
To squeeze more times in between, I did most of the drafting & rough shading with my iPod Touch. The final vesions were mostly touched up at Artweaver Plus on desktop. Results... amazing.
Anyway, now I could go back to do other drawing project.
To play the game? Please visit here:[link]
Platform: Apple iPod Touch, PC Desktop
Programs: Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile Express 1.6, Artweaver Plus 3.1, GIMP 2.8, Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5